Scripture

Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. - Romans 12:10-13 (NKJV)

Saturday, July 25, 2015

The Potter and The Clay

This morning I was deeply impressed by what I read.  Having spent time in college throwing clay on the wheel, I understood more of what was being conveyed.  "Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, 'Why have you made me like this?' Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?" (Romans 9:20-21 NKJV)


I find it interesting how many times I see something in another person and wish I had that feature, talent, or that thing about them that I admired.  They have a great ability to stand in front of a large group of people and speak with what looks like nerves of steel.  She is tall and slender.  They have amazing talent with this or that.  This scripture reminds me that I am not in control.  God is.  As His child, as His clay, He didn't make a mistake making what He did.  I am who I am on purpose.  You are who you are on purpose!

There is a reason why He made us with our quirks, our features, and our giftings.  I love Psalm 139 because it talks about how God knit us together in our mother's womb.  "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." (Psalm 139:13-14 NIV)


God didn't miss a spot, forget something, or even drop a stitch (knitting reference).  Why do we look at ourselves with disappointment and disdain because we are "missing" something?  We are made with the specifications that God designed us to have.  You have the features you do because God designed you that way.  You are a one of a kind masterpiece, custom made!  Instead of seeing what you don't have, see what you do have.  You are fearfully and wonderfully made!  We are fearfully and wonderfully made!

Blessings,
Dawn

   PP

No comments:

Post a Comment