Scripture

Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. - Romans 12:10-13 (NKJV)

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Pushing a Train is Exhausting!

Sometimes there is pain in growing.  God has been showing me just how prideful and strong willed I was being with Him.  He is God, I am not.  His purposes are good and not evil.  I can trust Him, but will I?  Will I step back and allow Him to accomplish what He wants to do?

It was revealed that I was not submitting to Andrew as the church submitted to Christ.  Wow!  I had so much pride there and yet I was failing in what I thought I was doing successfully.  I needed to step back, step down, and wait on God.  He will do it.  He will accomplish it.  He doesn't need my help.  In fact, He asks me not to help until He tells me so.  Wow!!!  Humbling!

I am sorry Lord for trying to make things happen.. to further this thing along the tracks.  Here's the thing, He has control of the engine.  I don't.  Getting behind the train and trying to help push it to the next destination is exhausting, frustrating, and down right rebellious.  God is waiting, ever so patiently, for this daughter of His to get on the train and then allow Him to start the engine... For Him to move the train down the tracks.



I was blessed this morning by Romans 9:17b "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth."  Where in this verse does it mention that I am to do it??  No where.  He is doing it.  He will accomplish what He will.  I am still learning!  Thankfully!

Blessings,
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment