Scripture

Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. - Romans 12:10-13 (NKJV)

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Dawn's Thoughts . . .

Hi all!  We are just under 82 days out and I have to admit, I am both excited and nervous about this wondrous trip ahead.  There is so much to be thankful for and we both can see the hand of God in all of this.  I admit one of the challenges that I have encountered as we prepare our hearts and minds for going overseas long term is the emptying of our home.  I find myself attached to strange things, oh those silly sentimental strings!  

I love this tea set that I bought many moons ago and have only used once.  Why???  I think because there is a mental value for it and the simple beauty of the set, something that I am not sure I would easily have again.  So, I place that pretty little tea set into the storage unit box in my mind and continue on.

We have already started to offload some of things through the exciting world of ebay.  We have sold over 60 DVDs and a few pairs of shoes.  Just today I listed a fabulous coat that I have only worn once.  I know that little beauty will find its way into hands that will love it even more and enjoy it more often.  Let the metamorphosis begin!

I often think about the visa process and what that entails.  I understand that it is a good one inch stack of paperwork.  Goodness me, they are thorough on their review of who they let stay in that wonderful country for more than three months.  I am not daunted by the task, but truly wonder how long that process will take.  There are physicals to have done, bank reviews to provide, police history to render (not that it will take but a moment to provide that.. no .. really!), and a plethora of other items they need to make a well educated decision.

As August approaches, please pray for us!  It will be a crazy beautiful month for us.  Our five year anniversary is August 1, my 40th birthday is August 16 - with a party to be thrown, and our trip over the great blue sea to New Zealand to commence on August 28.  With all of these precious things going on, it will be easy to lose track of time.  

So many things on my mind and I just wanted to give you a glimpse of whats going on for me.  Thanks for taking a moment out of your busy day!  Blessings to you and yours!  

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace.  Numbers 6:24-26  

1 comment:

  1. Praise God for shining the light on your path as He is in you, as He holds your right hand and prepares the way before you. Julia Rothschild

    ReplyDelete