Scripture

Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. - Romans 12:10-13 (NKJV)

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Change isn't always bad

I find as we get closer to taking our exploratory trip, I think differently than before.  I know I shouldn't be shocked that God is working in my life but sometimes it just isn't how you expected.  Just like the clay in the potter’s hands, if we truly are surrendered and pliable, we do not fully know how God will mold us.

As an example, I find myself wanting to be in New Zealand right now.  I have had these types of feelings before but they were for selfish reasons like I don’t want to be at work or I am having a bad day in general, it was a reason for escape.  Now, it is about the people; learning about the people that I will come along side in ministry.  Who are those people that I will meet daily and talk with about Jesus?  What are the things that God wants to teach me through them.  How can I serve them in the spirit of love and Christ?

Too many times I have seen evangelism to be about numbers and not the people.  How many people did you talk to?  How many accepted?  As if people’s salvation is like a selling technique and it is all a numbers game.  When you look at the ministry of Jesus it is built upon the relationships he had with people.  He poured into the apostles; even the one He knew would betray him.  It is the difference that we have in Christ.  Christianity is about a relationship and not a religion. 

I continue to pray for a heart molded by God.  I pray that I would see people through His eyes and not my own.  I pray for the people I do not know yet but desire to see.  I pray The Lord’s will be done in my life; less of me, more of Him.

He must increase, but I must decrease – John 3:30 (NKJV)


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment