Scripture

Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. - Romans 12:10-13 (NKJV)

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Fear is a thief

I was introduced to a new saying - when the tough times come or “the pinching season”, our heart shows.  Returning to the States and to a new place to live has been a tough time for me.  Being home with Dad McBride was amazing and I am uber grateful to God for bringing us home when He did, but the transition has been anything but easy or comfortable.


Fear had gripped my heart.  I allowed fear to steal my joy and rob me of what this “down” time could have been.  I still struggle from day to day with the "what ifs".  😳

  • I was afraid that we will never get jobs and have to get government assistance.
  • I was afraid that we will never get a place of our own.  
  • I was afraid that we will never find a home church in the Minneapolis area that aligns with our hearts and doctrine.  
  • I was afraid that the life I once knew of financial independence to buy pretty things or have some fun spending money would be gone forever.  


As I write these fears down, I see that they have lost their power… because fear is not based on fact, but on the unknown.  When I remember who God is, the promises He has made, and that He keeps His promises, I can let go of my heart’s enemy.. fear.  He is not a friend.  He is not one that cares about me, but wants me under his thumb, to rule me, to squash all of my joy... leaving me in despair.


So here we go.. what is the truth?

  • We will get jobs according to God’s plan and timing.  They may not look like what we thought they would, but God will provide for us.
  • We will get a place of our own according to God’s plan and timing.  Again, this place may not be what we are thinking of, but God will provide for us.
  • We will find a church where we can plug in to… to be fed and to give back.
  • We will have all that we need, according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.


I am seeing God in the midst of my unknowns.  He has provided a loaner vehicle for me through my Mom.  Thanks, Mama!  He provided a truck for Andrew (he bought his dad’s truck).  I am connecting with ladies at a Friday mommies prayer meeting.  They know I am not a mom, but I really enjoy the group as we laugh .. and it is so good to laugh again. 

I hear God’s voice telling me over and over to be still, be patient, and wait.  These words... they are not easy for me to put into practice.  I don’t sit still very well.  I don’t wait very well, but having applied for jobs like a mad woman has not made a difference, so I have chosen to trust Him and take Him at His word.

Now it's your turn.  What are you struggling with?  What are things the Lord has told you and you are fighting against?  Let me ask you this... do you trust Him?  Do you trust that His promises are true and that He really does have plans for good and not to harm you?  He is there with you and has NEVER left you.  Not once. 

Be still, quiet your heart, and give Him space to speak to you.  He loves you more than you can imagine and if you allow Him to, He will open doors where He wants you and close doors where He doesn't want you.  He is so trustworthy!  I love this saying, "God's past faithfulness demands our current trust."  It's true.  He has never ever failed me. 

A very special song about fear has been one played over and over recently.  I want to pass it on to you.  The message is very clear and worth your time!


Let me know how I can be praying for you!  I know there is a lot on your plate and so much on your mind, but I would love to partner with you and pray for you.  We are never alone!  Never let fear make you believe that lie.

God bless,
Dawn 
McBrideFlock@yahoo.com

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Dawn. Praying for you and missing you. Be strong and let your heart take courage all you who wait for the Lord. Ps31:24

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is faithful to keep His promises. Thank you for the encouragement!

      Delete