Scripture

Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. - Romans 12:10-13 (NKJV)

Monday, July 31, 2017

Personal Reflection: Thy Will Be Done

I was working out at the gym and listening to Al Pittman's sermon on "The Reason for Our Peace".  At the end of his sermon, he shared a video with the congregation of the song, "Thy Will" by Hillary Scott.  I've heard this song before, but the words just smacked me in the face this time. 


I'm sitting there trying to work on my arms and tears are flowing down my cheeks.  This song had me crying while lifting weights. What was it about this song that touched my heart so powerfully?

"I'm so confused... I know I heard You loud and clear, 
so I followed through.  Somehow I ended up here."

Ohhh, yes, now I know.  There was a time I felt certain of something the Lord had showed me.  Why does it hurt?  

"I don't want to think.  I may never understand that 
my broken heart is part of Your plan."

Yes, it does hurt!  The unfulfilled part of my dream, my heart, and my hope.  I wish it didn't hurt so much, but I know, He has something coming.

"When I try to pray all I got is hurt and these four words: 
Thy will be done!"

Hear the cry of my heart, Lord!  I want Your will more than my own.  I want Your will to be accomplished in my life. 

"I know You're good, but this don't feel good right now.  
And I know You think of things I could never think about."

Yes, I know You are good and Your Word says that Your thoughts are not my thoughts.


“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

"It's hard to count it all joy, distracted by the noise.  
Just trying to make sense of all Your promises."

Man alive.. the noise in my heart and my mind... the questions, the fears, the doubts.. Did I really hear Him?

"Sometimes I gotta stop, remember that You're God and I am not."

Lord, You know all!  You see all.  Your view of life is so much grander than I can even imagine.  You are God.  I am not.  You are in control.  I am not.  You created this world.  I did not.  You know the numbers of hairs on my head.  I do not.

"So, Thy will be done.  Thy will be done.  Thy will be done.  
Like a child on my knees, all that comes to me is Thy will be done.  
Thy will be done!"

Father, I yield to You!  May Your will, more than my will, be done!  I need You more than anything else!

"I know You see me.  I know You hear me, Lord.
Your plans are for me; goodness, You have in store."

Jesus, You hear me (1 John 5:14).  Father, You see where I am at (Genesis 16:13).  I know Your plans are for my good and not evil ("For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11)


I was reminded today that God will touch your heart when you least expect it. Let me encourage you to let Him touch your heart.  Let Him touch those areas of your heart that are so tender.. that you want to protect.  

Are you afraid of what He will say?  Of what He will do?  Are you waiting for unfulfilled dreams and hopes to come to pass?  Take a step and trust Him.. He is so worthy of our trust!!

Here is the link to the song if you would like to listen to it: Thy Will by Hillary Scott

Much love from us!
Dawn and Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment